Join This Channel To Get Latest Phone Tips,Tricks,News,Network Security Course,Hacks etc. For Free on Your Mobile!! ... Join our Facebook Discussion Group -Regards Ankit
08 August 2010
1) Character Map = charmap.exe ( useful for locating unusual characters)
2) Disk Cleanup = cleanmgr.exe
3) Clipboard Viewer = clipbrd.exe (views contents of Windows clipboard)
4) Dr Watson = drwtsn32.exe (Troubleshooting device)
5) DirectX diagnosis = dxdiag.exe (Diagnose & check DirectX, video & sound cards)
6) Private character editor = eudcedit.exe (allows creation or alteration of characters)
7) IExpress Wizard = iexpress.exe (Generate self-extracting / self-installing package)
8 Mcft Synchronization Manager = mobsync.exe (appears to permit synchronization of files on the network for when working offline. Apparently undocumented).
9) Windows Media Player 5.1 = mplay32.exe (Retro version of Media Player, basic).
10) ODBC Information Source Administrator = odbcad32.exe (something to do with databases)
11) Object Packager = packager.exe (to do with packaging objects for insertion in files, appears to have comprehensive help files).
12) Process Monitor = perfmon.exe ( useful, highly configurable device, tells you everything you ever desired to know about any aspect of PC performance, for uber-geeks only )
13) Program Manager = progman.exe (Legacy Windows 3.x desktop shell).
14) Remote Access phone book = rasphone.exe (documentation is virtually non-existant).
15) Registry Editor = regedt32.exe [also regedit.exe] (for hacking the Windows Registry).
16) Network shared folder wizard = shrpubw.exe (creates shared folders on network).
17) File siganture verification device = sigverif.exe
18 Volume Contro = sndvol32.exe (I have included this for those people that lose it from the Process Notification area).
19) Process Configuration Editor = sysedit.exe (change Process.ini & Win.ini like in Win98! ).
20) Syskey = syskey.exe (Secures XP Account database - use with care, it is virtually undocumented but it appears to encrypt all passwords, I am not sure of the full implications).
21) Mcft Telnet Client = telnet.exe
22) Driver Verifier Manager = verifier.exe (appears to be a utility for monitoring the actions of drivers, might be useful for people having driver issues. Undocumented).
23) Windows for Workgroups Chat = winchat.exe (appears to be an elderly NT utility to permit chat sessions over a LAN, help files available).
Note:- A quantity of them might not run in Windows XP Home edition