Windows XP Booting in Safe Mode
If Windows XP is the only operating method installed on your computer, booting in to Safe Mode with these instructions.
* If the computer is jogging, shutdown Windows, and then turn off the power
* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. In case you start tapping the F8 key soon, some computers display a “keyboard error” message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
* Make definite that the Safe mode option is chosen.
* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
* When you are completed with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.
To make use of the System Configuration Utility method:
* Close all open programs.
* Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG in the box and click OK
* The System Configuration Utility appears, On the BOOT.INI tab, Check the “/SAFEBOOT” option, and then click OK and Restart your computer when prompted.
* The computer restarts in Safe mode.
* Perform the troubleshooting steps for which you are using Safe Mode.
When you are completed with troubleshooting in Safe mode, open MSCONFIG again, on the BOOT.INI tab, uncheck “/SAFEBOOT” and click OK to restart your computer.